$300,000 AVAILABLE FOR ADULTS, YOUTH, AND DISLOCATED WORKERS
Grants available through AK Workforce Investment Office
The Department of Labor and Workforce Development's Workforce Investment Office is soliciting grant requests from any non-profit or for-profit organizations, businesses or government agencies to provide core, intensive training services for adults, youth, and dislocated workers.
Grants up to $100,000 each will be awarded for services that are provided through Alaska's One -Stop
centers. Projects or activities may include:
- Capacity building and technical assistance to local areas, including local boards, One-Stop operators, One-Stop partners, and eligible providers, which may include staff development and training, and program development.
- Research and innovations.
- Innovative worker training programs, such as an employer loan program to assist in skills upgrading.
- Innovative programs for displaced homemakers, and programs to increase the number of individuals trained for and in non-traditional employment.
- Adult and dislocated worker employment and training activities to help local areas carry out local employment and training.
-- Youth activities statewide.
-- Conducting evaluations of workforce investment activities for adults, dislocated workers, and youth to establish and promote methods for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the establishment and operation of One-Stop delivery systems.
- Provide additional assistance to local areas with high concentrations of eligible youth.
The issuing office must receive applications no later than 5PM Alaska Standard Time on February 1, 2002. Copies of the complete Request for Grant Applications may be requested by contacting Mike Lohmann at (907) 269-4655; by fax at (907) 465-4661; or
at the Alaska Workforce Investment Office, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Employment Security Division, 3301 Eagle Street, Suite 106, Anchorage 99503-4188. The complete solicitation of interest is available