CTE Opportunities for Career Training
Too often the world of education and the world of work are seen as separate environments that have no connection. But meeting Alaska’s workforce needs requires not only initial education and training, but continuous learning as workforce needs and technologies evolve. Strong partnerships that support and coordinate activities between educators, employers, and government are critical in the development of a qualified workforce that is adequate to meet Alaska’s current and future economic demands.
Alaska's Regional Training Centers (RTC's) are public or non-profit centers created through partnerships. Their mission is to develop and implement educational activities linked to employment opportunities in Alaska. RTCs provide coordinated workforce development, education, and training in conjunction with local, statewide and federal partners to prepare our citizens to enter into the Alaskan workforce.
- Alaska Technical Center
- AVTEC - Alaska's Institute of Technology
- Delta Career Advancement Center
- Fairbanks Pipeline Training Center
- GILA - Galena Interior Learning Academy
- Ilisagvik College and North Slope Workforce Training Partners
- NACTEC - Northwest Alaska Career & Technical Center
- SAVEC - Southwest Alaska Vocational & Education Center
- Southeast Alaska Career Consortium
- U.A. Workforce Programs
- Yuut Elitnaurviat - Peoples Learning Center
Program and Facility Inventories
Alaska Regional Training Centers Program and Facility Inventories April 2012 (PDF)